The IC story is a special one. It took birth when post World war 1, two keen sportsmen, namely Arthur Myers and Dwight Davis (after whom Davis cup is named), embarked on a mission to form a tennis club to nurture better relations between countries across the globe.
The IC quickly became one of the foremost tennis clubs. Today, almost 100 years later, it still kindles friendships across all continents. A member of an IC country can travel to 42 countries and he or she is assured of being invited for a few sets of tennis.
IC India was formed in 1951 and is proud to have all the legends of our sport as its members. Ramanathan Krishnan, Vijay Amritraj, Ramesh Krishnan, Anand Amritraj, Jaideep Mukerjea, Jasjit Singh, Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupati, Sania Mirza, Nandan Bal & Rohan Bopanna are amongst our fraternity.
Our main objectives are-
- To expand our Club pan India by regularly holding domestic events and enrolling new members.
- To formally commence the IC Inter Club tournament in New Delhi in the first quarter of 2023.
- To participate in International exchanges whenever possible (home and away).
- To be actively involved in developing junior talent and finally
- To assist underprivileged children by giving them life skills through our sport.
I want to thank our former President, Mr. Nandan Bal, for the tireless work he has put in to keep the IC India flag going, particularly through the difficult period of Covid. I also want to acknowledge our Honorary Secretary Jaideep Bhatia and our Honorary Treasurer Vikram Anand for the indefatigable work they are investing in our remarkable institution.
IC India will be turning 75 in 2026 and we plan to have a grand celebration to mark this milestone event.
I wish all our members some wonderful tennis ahead as we follow the mantra of the IC 'hands across the net, friendship across the ocean'.